O.K. I have 6 kids and as of this date (12/12/09) I am 44 years of age and 40 pounds over weight. I love being a mom but I do not, repeat, do not want to look like one anymore! I'm getting older but I refuse to be fat and frumpy. You Dear Reader will help keep me accountable so that I do not quit. I welcome your comments and encouragement. I've already set my feet on the road to good health. Track with me my friend...I need the company.

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Day 55...The Top 10


Dear Reader,
It's been about 7 days since I've last written. (For Ladies Only!!!)
Today I just want to share the top 10 things I've learned since I started changing my eating...

1. I'm really blessed by the many people who are so supportive. The encouragement, advice, prayers, and nice comments have been numerous.

2. Every now and then you'll meet someone who is not supportive. Jealousy looms it's head in the strangest places. Meet it with grace and mercy.

3. Fail forward. I never knew I was a perfectionist. Perfectionists want to do everything perfectly, with nooooo mistakes. They will either never attempt something for fear of failure or they make everyone around them miserable as they attend to every detail with painstaking perfection. In the past I'd drop every diet I made a mistake with, figuring since I failed what's the point. My husband and I are both learning it's OK to fail. Just learn and keep going.

4. Forgive yourself.

6. Women never weigh in when you're bloating.

7. When you plateau on the weight scale use the tape measure or check your clothes.

8. When dieting it's easy to become self centered. Get your eyeballs off yourself! Don't be obsessed with your weight loss and how you look. Vanity is very unattractive.

9. Don't worry, after awhile people will get used to the new you and stop commenting on how much weight you've lost. In the meantime smile.

10. You are not what you weigh.

Back in a few days.

Oh yeah, no weigh in. I'm avoiding the scale for 10 days.
God Bless Everyone,
Lauren

No comments: