O.K. I have 6 kids and as of this date (12/12/09) I am 44 years of age and 40 pounds over weight. I love being a mom but I do not, repeat, do not want to look like one anymore! I'm getting older but I refuse to be fat and frumpy. You Dear Reader will help keep me accountable so that I do not quit. I welcome your comments and encouragement. I've already set my feet on the road to good health. Track with me my friend...I need the company.

Friday, February 26, 2010

Day 74...The First Step


Dear Reader,
As of today the second month of the New Year is nearly done and I dare say most of us who made New Year's Resolutions to lose weight and or choose a healthier life style, have either laid those resolutions aside or never actually got started. The danger in this is we can procrastinate (with good intentions mind you) all the way to 2011 where we begin the vicious cycle all over again. I know. I've been there.

May I say it's not too late.

Oh I know there are a billion things that seem more important right now. I also know the resistance that comes anytime we try to stop living to eat instead of eating to live. But you can do it. You are just a decision away.

I've heard it said that a journey of a thousand miles begins with just one step. Just one step towards freedom...just one step towards good health...just one step towards not feeling FAT.

Is it easy? Hah! Ask Donald Trump if becoming a billionaire was easy. Ask Thomas Edison if creating the light bulb (after over 1000 failures) was easy. Anything worth doing in life is never easy. You just have to determine if it's worth it.

Compare your life the way it is now to the way you'ld love it to be. Wouldn't you love to take less medication because your healthy eating is healing your body? How about wearing attractive clothes again? How about climbing stairs without losing your breath or your joints screaming in pain. How about no longer dealing with the guilt and shame that overeating brings?

Just one step...one decision and you can start down the path to an abundant life.

Will it cost you? Yes it will. But you and your body are worth the investment and sacrifice it takes to overcome where you are now.

I encourage you to stop telling yourself it can't be done and you'll always be this way. The devil is a liar. You do not always have to be this way.

Oh, I can hear all the buts. But I've tried countless times and failed. But it's so hard. But I have so little self control. But I'm the one who shops and cooks. But I'm too old and set in my ways. But I'm too young and just want to have fun.

Dear Heart get your big but out of the way and go for it...take a chance...try AGAIN! Not just once, but over and over until you can do what it takes to conquer this. You're not a quitter. You are victorious!

I averaged a weight-loss of 2.7 pounds a week since mid-December 2009. The program I'm on promises 2-5 pounds a week for those who follow it to the letter. Is 2.7 pounds pretty good? Sure, but I'm pushing for the high end. I'm conquering years of mind sets that have held me down for too long. If I can do it so can you.

God believes in you and so do I.

Lord please give strength to this reader to overcome food bandages. Give my brother, my sister courage to take that first step towards victory. Help them to not give in to hopelessness. You are for them and not against them. You desire to give them a future and a hope. May they put their lives, health, and choices in Your hands. In the name of Jesus...Amen.

Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
Lauren

My coaches are great...for more information about Take Shape For Life go to www.iwanttohelp.tsfl.com

No comments: