O.K. I have 6 kids and as of this date (12/12/09) I am 44 years of age and 40 pounds over weight. I love being a mom but I do not, repeat, do not want to look like one anymore! I'm getting older but I refuse to be fat and frumpy. You Dear Reader will help keep me accountable so that I do not quit. I welcome your comments and encouragement. I've already set my feet on the road to good health. Track with me my friend...I need the company.

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Day 16...Shrinking?

Dear Reader,

Last Blog: 164.8
Today: 161.6

I wonder what I would have lost if I hadn't cheated?

I will admit special occasions celebrated with food are hard. Today we are celebrating Christmas because we got snowed in yesterday. I had my Hot Cocoa meal (Medifast) and fed my youngest ham, potatoes, green bean casserole, etc... Surrounded by everyone eating our wonderful Christmas meal that I contributed to wasn't easy but I did it. I did have a teaspoon of pecan pie but I stopped there.

As of today I have not only lost weight but my joint pain is 99.9% gone. It would probably be 100% if I totally lay off the refined sugar and white flour. Also I'm not really hungry anymore. When I cheat it's not due to hunger but a desire to chew. I love crunchy, salty foods. Texture is a big part of my love of food.

I do have a lot more energy as well. Christmas Eve I stayed up until 4:30am fixing up the house for the my family. I woke up at 8:30am to celebrate Christmas and I thought I would be wasted within a few hours but I was loaded with energy all day long!

My husband and daughter's are so supportive. They know I struggle at dinner time so they have agreed to help with the evening meals until I'm a little stronger. I had to do the Thanksgiving and Christmas stuff but now that we are getting back to normal meals I can stay away from the kitchen from 5-10pm (my weak hours).

I will also say losing weight is a HUGE incentive to stay away from food. Pretty soon I'll be in the 150's!

More in 3-5 days.

Merry Christmas and a thinner New Year!

Lauren

No comments: