O.K. I have 6 kids and as of this date (12/12/09) I am 44 years of age and 40 pounds over weight. I love being a mom but I do not, repeat, do not want to look like one anymore! I'm getting older but I refuse to be fat and frumpy. You Dear Reader will help keep me accountable so that I do not quit. I welcome your comments and encouragement. I've already set my feet on the road to good health. Track with me my friend...I need the company.

Monday, December 21, 2009

Day 11...It Ain't Over Til The Fat Lady Loses 40 Pounds


Dear Reader,

Well what a week it's been since last I blogged. I did great until our Christmas party Friday 12/18/09. I had wonderful intentions of just eating meat over lettuce...that is until I started cooking. Mexican food is one of my weaknesses. I was taught to cook by an awesome Mexican sister and frankly after 14 years of practice I do very well. Too well! I ate some of the rice and chips with salsa. I went down hill after that. I mad the mistake of asking a few ladies to bring candy for the kids and someone brought mini-snickers (another weakness). I munched on a few of those until in irritation I threw the remainder away.

Saturday I got back on the wagon. Gratefully even. The night before I could feel food in my stomach. I wasn't full but just feeling it there was a weird feeling.

Sunday I cheated. Yes, again! Okay, whoever is without sin throw the first stone. I was heating up left-overs from Friday for lunch and lied to myself that I could handle just one tortilla chip. Then that night in frustration I went for it...tortilla chips and tacos. Last night my stomach hurt all night.

Of course I didn't want to weigh in. But I did. Are you ready?

Last Blog 166.2
Today 164.8

Despite the fact that I cheated for 2 days I still lost 1.4 pounds. Also, ladies you need to remember this one, this week I'm hormonal and generally put on 2-3 pounds of water/bloating monthly.

Also this week I didn't quit! I am so jazzed about that. I've quit every diet I ever started the minute I "failed". I didn't allow failure to take hold. I hit a bump and let it remain a bump instead of allowing it to become a mountain of despair. I credit that to prayer, The Word of God, and my Take Shape For Life coaches, Jason and Jenn. They don't hold the "Just Do It" Nike philosophy. They acknowledge the mistake, give me ideas how not make that mistake again, and send me off with words of encouragement.

So yeah, not a perfect week, but definitely a week of progress.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle in their journey.
Thank God and them for the opportunity to walk this leg of their journey with them.

More in a few days and Merry Christmas!
Lauren


Please email me at chelseascollections@hotmail.com if you would like further information on the Take Shape For Life Program.















No comments: