O.K. I have 6 kids and as of this date (12/12/09) I am 44 years of age and 40 pounds over weight. I love being a mom but I do not, repeat, do not want to look like one anymore! I'm getting older but I refuse to be fat and frumpy. You Dear Reader will help keep me accountable so that I do not quit. I welcome your comments and encouragement. I've already set my feet on the road to good health. Track with me my friend...I need the company.

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Day 2...I Want to Sink My Teeth Into A Turkey Sandwich!!!


Dear Reader,

Before we talk about Day 2 let me clarify a couple of things. The program I follow is called TAKE SHAPE FOR LIFE. It is a program that is not designed just for weight loss but overall health. Type 2 Diabetics can really benefit from this as well as those with coronary heart disease. Even women experiencing menopause can use Medifast Plus for Women’s Health which is a specially designed meal-replacement supplement, formulated to relieve and prevent the agonizing symptoms of menopause.

Every two-three hours I can eat/drink a Medifast shake, crunch bar (love em!), pudding, or scrambled eggs. I can also do a snack if I need to.

If you have any questions about TAKE SHAPE FOR LIFE please contact me at chelseascollections@hotmail.com or comment your question on the blog. If you would like to try the program yourself I'd be glad to help get you started.

Also I purchased an inexpensive weight scale last night. When I weighed in this morning, it said 166.2 pounds. Two other scales I used both said 172 pounds. So did I lose 5.8 pounds in 2 days? I really don't know. But just in case it's the scales that are at fault let's just say my starting weight is 166.2 pounds since I'll be using that scale weekly.


DAY 2

weight 166.2 pounds

I felt really good today. I was hungry and wanted to munch (I love the Medifast whole wheat crackers.) but I kept busy and stayed on schedule. My husband cooked for the family and I made 5 oz's of shrimp (5 oz's????) over a plate of raw spinach. It wasn't bad but I must confess I miss the salt and sugar that were in the seasonings I normally use to cook.

The evening was harder. First my hubby and I went on a date last night (the first since August or September). We went to Scooter's coffee to set some long and short term goals, stir up our vision, and just chat. He had coffee and I had my Medifast S'mores bar. While we were there I really had to use the bathroom which was closed to customers for some reason. I'm sorry for being so graphic but I drink alot of water now that I'm following the plan and I probably go to the bathroom every hour now. So we left and as we walked to the parking lot I could smell steak broiling...

We then went to Walmart (toilets open to the public!) and got a few groceries for Shawn and the kids. It was difficult being around so much food. After salivating over the broiled steak smell and now having to see cookies, bread, and fruit I began to wonder what was so bad about being 40 pounds overweight. After all my husband loves me, my kids say my hugs are warm and soft, and I could just by larger clothes. I began to think about putting my Medifast food away until tomorrow. But I've learned tomorrow never comes.

I hate huffing and puffing up a flight of stairs. When I run I feel so heavy and fat. I don't have the stamina I did at 30, my joints ache, I can't see the bones in my feet, and my eyes look smaller because my face is fatter. It's not because I'm 44, it's because I'm overweight and I have very unhealthy eating habits. Also, I love refined sugar (which by definition is a poison by the way) and white flour which are both aging me prematurely.

Soooo...onward and upward. When we got home I drank more water and had an extra Medifast bar because it had been almost 4 hours since my last meal. I got my kids church clothes ready and went to bed.

Another successful day!

More tomorrow,

Lauren




No comments: