O.K. I have 6 kids and as of this date (12/12/09) I am 44 years of age and 40 pounds over weight. I love being a mom but I do not, repeat, do not want to look like one anymore! I'm getting older but I refuse to be fat and frumpy. You Dear Reader will help keep me accountable so that I do not quit. I welcome your comments and encouragement. I've already set my feet on the road to good health. Track with me my friend...I need the company.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Day 32...Just say NO!!!!!!!!!!


Dear Reader,

I'm doing it!

If you remember, my biggest lament was a bad habit I had of nibbling while cooking dinner for my family. Well since Sunday that is at an all time low. Sunday went well, but Monday night I felt a strong urge to nibble. I could hear voices (just a teeny bit dramatic) whispering, "Just this once, you can start over tomorrow." Suddenly, and to the top of my lungs I shouted, "NO!!!!" At that moment my 2 year old, who had wandered into the kitchen, turned tail and ran for his life. My husband came barreling out of the bedroom loudly demanding to know what the problem was. My kids turned their attention from the t.v. to the kitchen with mouths wide open in shock. Grinning at my startled family I said, "I'm OK, just sticking to my diet."


It took awhile for my family to adjust to mom screaming in the kitchen every night around 6pm, but they're used to it now. Hey, when you have a radical problem it takes radical measures to break it.

What happened to my husband helping in the kitchen? He's on an extended fast and refuses to be around food. You go Honey!

I also started exercising. Jillian Michaels is my fitness coach for 20 minutes each day. I will say a 10 pound loss makes a great difference in exercise. I have more stamina, I don't feel as weighed down, and I can do 10 push ups (military thank you) without wheezing.

That's it for now...140's here I come!

More next week.

Lauren

OOPS...Today's weigh in: 155!!!!











No comments: