O.K. I have 6 kids and as of this date (12/12/09) I am 44 years of age and 40 pounds over weight. I love being a mom but I do not, repeat, do not want to look like one anymore! I'm getting older but I refuse to be fat and frumpy. You Dear Reader will help keep me accountable so that I do not quit. I welcome your comments and encouragement. I've already set my feet on the road to good health. Track with me my friend...I need the company.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Day 43...Plateaus


Dear Reader,

Last Blog 153
Today 152

Plateau Defined: ...a period in the evolution of something...characterized by a relative absence of progress.

Okay 1 pound is still progress but after 8 days I was expecting to get on the scale and find myself at 150-151.

I started exercising almost 2 weeks ago. It feels great after losing 15 pounds. That doesn't seem like much but I can really feel the difference. I'm snapping out push-ups and I have more control during Pilates.

I've also noticed I'm using hardly using my asthma medicine. I did have to use it 1 or 2 days when we had rain, but other than that no wheezing.

But back to the plateau. I have been eating mozzarella cheese for my snack because I find myself hungrier since I started exercising. Also I have been eyeballing the condiments instead of carefully measuring everything out. So I'm going back to pickles for my snack for awhile and no extra seasonings or condiments without carefully measuring and keeping track.

In 3-4 days I'll weigh in again and see if the adjustments helped. I have to get in the 140's by my anniversary which is 2/11/10...right before Valentine's Day!

See you in about 4 days.

Lauren

No comments: